Monday, December 10, 2007

Otto

When I was vegetarian I used to love eating pizza. I would enjoy trying new and varied toppings. But when I became vegan pizza became more bland. I love going to Viva Pizza but sometimes i like to go to a fancier more hip place and that is Otto Pizzeria.
As soon as you walk in to the Pizzeria you feel the energy. It is usually very busy and full of people. When you ask for a table if you have to wait they give you a ticket with an Italian region's name then you look at a train station board. It is a funky touch.
You get seated in a low dimmed room. The decor is pretty common but it still creates a warm feel.
I recommend that you order the vegetable antipasti. My favorites are Eggplant Caponatina, Cauliflower "alla Siciliana", Brussels Sprouts & Vin Cotto eat a little bit but not all because they are your pizza toppings. The only vegan pizza is the marinara but with all the antipasti toppings it is like you have a bunch of different pizzas. Of course eating the plain pizza marinara is delicious itself. It has a simple and clean taste with a kick in the end from the chiles.
To end this delicious meal you have to eat the lemon sorbet which is the best lemon sorbet that I have ever had. It is sour, sweet and a little salty and ever so refreshing.

Otto
1 5th. Avenue
New York, NY 10003

No comments: